Monday, August 23, 2010

 

Monday.

The night was wild, wet and windy - fortunately I am referring to the conditions outside the house!
Mind you my gut was competing well!

Today was another happy and busy day in Dorking.
There were lots of sales - many of the very low price kind.
Jonathan accumulates all manner of things; some of it is fine Victorian ware and some is of a lesser quality, or merely things that he needs to be rid of so as to have room for the latest acquisitions.
Today people were happy to find his red labels and hand over 2 or three pounds for little treasures.
Whilst Bill and I handed over more than 2 or 3 pounds to people with items they had brought in.
As usual we paid more than we would want to from our normal sources.
I think that is so important for the good name of all of us in the shop; we want people to go away feeling they have been treated fairly.
By mid afternoon that awful feeling of weariness and slight nausea crept over me once more. I needed to sit down.
Any thoughts I might have had about doing some photographs for a shop blog posting evaporated with my energy.

I spent a little while out on some chores along the High Street and the sun felt really warm.
Tomorrow looks like it will be a good day for weather.
Perhaps Bill will be able to get out and mow the lawns - which are green and lush again after all the rain.

Time to put the kettle on and sit back and enjoy another Who Do You Think You Are.