Sunday, April 11, 2010

 

Today's boot sale and people watching in Littlehampton.

You know what we did yesterday - today Bill's photos tell the story.

Today we spent 3 hours at the first car boot sale of the year in a field......us, and half of Sussex!
It was quite damp in places underfoot and also a chilly wind blew across the field.
There were more stall holders at Sayers Common than we have seen before.
I think they have been saving up their rubbish for the winter to delight the crowds.
At first we thought we would find nothing of interest, but gradually my shopping trolley was filled.
I have old ginger beer bottles and glass bottles - I like to have some from local places in the shop.
I bought a Mabel Lucie Attwell infant's feeding dish for £2 - quite a bargain that one.
I have books and china and glass, including a large yellow hankerchief vase.
Bill bought a model aeroplane, which he likes and a picture.
We began to feel tired before we had finished. The trolley was hard work to push around and my newly washed hair was constantly blowing over my face in the wind.
I haven't got on with very much sorting yet - but I have time tomorrow.
Frieda came round, so that put me back a bit. We had a cup of tea with her.
Bill has been busy sorting some things - anything to take his mind off tomorrow - the day of the gastroscopy.
I think he is in a mind to opt just for the anaesthetic spray on his throat.
Sedation would knock him out for some while.

I have beef roasting in the oven - the potatoes must join the meat shortly.
I think this evening might be a relaxing in front of TV time.

Now for Bill's people watching pictures.
I love them - he has taken us into the world of the people. We can imagine their thoughts and conversations and relationships.

The first five pictures were taken whilst sitting at our table in The Balaton.

Loneliness.


Family life.... "Have one of my chips Mum!"


Ladies in red.

I can just savour the chip - the feel of it on the tongue, the taste etc.
I would have been using my fingers, not the little wooden fork!

We can only imagine their conversation.


Chips by the river.


Capturing the innocence of sand castle making.


Paddling with the gulls.
Bet the water was cold on the feet!

Happy dogs and dog walkers.


Coming in to land.
I love the sound of the seagull's cry.

Enjoying the sunshine and the view.


A chair in the tower to watch the world from.
Another good weekend is over.
I wonder what the week will bring.

Labels: