Friday, April 02, 2010

 

Is it what they call "retail therapy?"

We haven't been to a fair - an antiques fair that is for ages.
And we had so much fun.
I knew that the advantage a fair would have over a car boot sale is that we see so much that we wanted to buy.
Oh yes - I wanted it!
We did try to show restraint - honest we did!
There would be no point buying things that we just could not make any profit with.
We spent about three hours at the Woking Leisure Centre, browsing, buying, talking.
I bought glass, old tins, a little china, a folding two tiered little table and an art deco brass coal bin (with its liner).
Bill bought cameras, an old model canon, a model hayrake and a boxed set of air cadets - 50 Years of the Air Cadet Corps. Bill had been an ATC cadet for a while in his teens.
We also bought a drink and shared a big breakfast bap.
This afternoon I got everything sorted and priced up - well, nearly everything; the table needs a clean and polish and so does the coal bin. There is no hurry for the coal bin because the best time to sell things like that is the autumn.
Mind you - we have certainly not reached anything like summer.
It rained so hard for a while today - for the duration of our drive back from Woking. It was horrid.
I got Bill to take a picture of me with a couple of large items of coloured glass. That is my theme for next week's shop blog and I thought one with a human face might add some variety.
He took several and then did a "Jamie" shot!
The new wave of photographers like to take photographs on a tilt.
Jamie is very much "new wave".
This turned out to be the best picture of me and so I will use it.
Talking of Jamie, I will add his Phuket website once again.
Today he has written about the second part of the family trip to James Bond Island.
You could also find the first part, of course.
I have done this trip with the family and we look forward to doing it again in September.
When I went to Phuket without Bill, I took a stroll round Panyee on my own and enjoyed feeling close to those island people.
https://www.jamiesphuketblog.com/
And anybody with the interest would enjoy his weather blog - it certainly isn't all about the weather!
http://phuket-weather.blogspot.com/
Having mentioned the weather pushed me to check the met office web site. It looks like there could be some heavy rain showers tomorrow. We shall risk it and go to Ford.
Let's hope it isn't a 2 hour long heavy rain shower like we had today!