Friday, March 26, 2010

 

"It soothes me troubles away!" - The Wurzels.

Nothing to say!
It has been a rest day for me. I have felt fragile.

I did describe half a dozen books for EBay - mostly about Ludlow.

Bill went out and planted plants - he wanted advice about where to put things.
There is so much coming through now - I love to see the old friends appear each Spring.
And I shall enjoy the new arrivals.
The trouble is, that despite spending more money than intended yesterday, we still have empty spaces.
But the old friends will, I expect, cover the ground as we move on into Summer.

We did a little shopping this afternoon - a quick trip to Asda for some bread and a few bits.
We bought 3 bottles of wine - Asda have 3 bottles for £10. These are not £3.50 bottles of wine; one we chose was priced up at almost £7.
We didn't buy any cider.
We should have got some in - stockpiled it to save some money!
I wonder why Alastair Darling thought it a good idea to put the tax up on cider by 10%.
Will it raise lots of money for our hospitals and schools? I don't think so.
Will it discourage binge drinking? I don't think so.
From midnight on Sunday duty on cider will increase by 10 per cent above inflation. The price of a bottle of cider will rise by 9p while a litre of cider will cost an extra 5p.
You can just imagine the yobs turning out their pockets to find the extra 9p needed for a bottle of cider!
Bill likes a cider - but the few he drinks through the year will not increase our expenditure by very much.

The building work continues. The men work diligently and smoothly.
The first floor now has a floor - and even flights of stairs up to it.
There are not yet walls or roof.

Talking of floors - ours should be done tomorrow.

Don't forget - Spring forward, Fall back.