Saturday, March 27, 2010

 

I am not best pleased

I want to protest - but what's the point?
I want to scream and stamp my foot and exclaim that life isn't fair!
First I just feel wretched this evening.
It feels like flu - but I guess it isn't.
Secondly I want to tell a certain person who said he would do something and has failed to do it that I am feeling very displeased.
But maybe I don't know the full story.

I got up early today - not sleeping well.
I tidied up in the kitchen.
Bill came down and moved the washing machine and we waited....and waited.
Mike, the man who was going to come and lay the floor for us didn't show up.
Bill has phoned his mobile 3 times with messages, including leaving our number - just in case he had lost it.
We have heard absolutely nothing.
He didn't seem to be the sort of person who would let people down.
Why hasn't he answered our calls?
We obviously don't know what is going on in his world. There could be all sorts of problems.
He could be in hospital - he could be dead.
My anger would not be justified in those sort of circumstances would it?

So, we are still without our lovely new flooring. Bill mutters that he ought to be doing it himself. I don't want him to work and give himself extra pain of course - but if he would value the satisfaction of doing the job, then go for it, Bill.
I did suggest asking his brother if he might have a couple of hours to come and help.
But I don't think that will happen.

I described and listed some more books for EBay and dealt with some sold ones. So something worthwhile was achieved.
The roast chicken dinner was worthwhile too.

Well, time for bed for me.
I want to feel better.
Maybe better enough to get out to car boot sales tomorrow.
This evening is a very good time for an early night for we lose one hour of the night as the clocks go forward.
The clocks still say 9 o'clock, but in reality (in my head) it is already gone 10 o'clock.