Tuesday, April 06, 2010

 

What day is it?

Life just now is confusing me.
Things normally happen much the same on many days of the week - but not at the moment.
We have just enjoyed a 4 day weekend - 4 Sundays?
So, today ought to be Monday - all the evidence was there. We were in the Dorking shop.
But it is Tuesday of course.

We are in the shop again on Thursday.
But we won't be there again next Monday.

Bill has all the details through about his gastroscopy examination.
This will take place next Monday.
It seems it will be up to Bill to choose whether to undergo the procedure with just a local anaesthetic throat spray or whether to be sedated.
I was sedated when it happened to me.
I think Bill feels quite anxious about it - he has not had much experience of nasty medical things happening to him.
If he opts for sedation then he will need an hour or so to come round and obviously will need to be driven home. They suggest that after sedation you should not be alone for 12 hours.
Fortunately we have been able to swap shop duties very easily..... we were there today for Stephen who had a hospital appointment and he will be there for us on Monday.

It has been a very pleasant day with Jo. We all found time to get some things done with our own stock. I moved glass around so that I could display some of the things I bought at Woking on Good Friday.
Today was one of the rare days when I failed to sell anything.
But we did sell quite well for others - including a ring for £230.

Of course we now all know that there will be a General Election on May 6th.
I used to enjoy elections - staying awake for half the night to hear results.
Perhaps I will enjoy this one.
But I don't enjoy things financial, however important these things are.
And it seems that politics has little to commend itself to me in the way of a vision for a better world; politics, whichever party, seems to be about patching up the financial system.
They give us promises that all can be put right without anybody having to pay for it!
The party I have traditionally voted for (but not every time) don't actually have a candidate yet in this constituency!

The day has felt very Springlike - people were walking about the town without coats.
I gather it has not been so pleasant in North Wales.