Thursday, February 11, 2010

 

We were at pilgrims today.

We spent nearly all day at Pilgrims Antiques.

My task was to dismantle my January sale and then move things around to have zones of my area themed, neat and interesting.

I had taken some empty folding boxes to hold all the unsold sale items - these will try their luck at a car boot sale in the summer.
Then I began moving things around.
I also swept the floor, which makes things look a lot better too.
I am very pleased. There are a few pictures to follow.

But I was not the only one sorting things. Hilary saw that there is now an empty cabinet and she asked if she could swap her cabinet for the empty one, because hers is a bit fragile.
Hilary sells lovely jewellery and has just one cabinet.
She asked if Bill could help her out with moving things and the electrics. We all have lamps to lighten our areas.
I suspect Bill will end up with a need for anti inflammatory drugs - too much bending, lifting and stretching.

By the time all this was done it was well gone 3 o'clock.

We drove home via Horley. Thursday afternoons and evenings is Curry Club at all Wetherspoons pubs.
There are 10 different curries on offer on Thursdays.
The price, as ever, is very reasonable and includes a drink.
Bill had a lamb curry, which he said was good.
You don't expect lots of fulsome praise from Bill!
But I was just overjoyed by the quality of mine - sweet potato, chick pea and spinach curry in coconut milk. It was wonderful.
I look forward to having it again.

Now for just a few pictures.

Pride of place in my 1950s section has gone to the fabulous bag I bought last weekend.



Even within my 1950s area I keep to themes - this shelf is mostly red and black.


These mostly green items come from several eras - 1930s to 1970s.


I have a small window in my area and I decided to use the little shelf unit in front of the window for coloured glass.
It is mostly glass of the latter half of the 20th century.
The golden carnival glass is mostly 1920s and 30s.
There is one piece of Victorian glass.


I like to have some juvenile collectables - dolls, teddies, books, china etc.
As with most of my stock it was produced since WW2.
I have lots of Beatrix Potter books - recent editions in mint condition. I am able to sell them for £1 each - better than a birthday card!
Lots of other people are constantly bringing in fresh stock.
Bill was very taken with a large item in Monika's area.

He was able to get a note - even a sort of tune - out of the big bass tuba.
It actually belongs to Mark - the musician in the Strange Face Company who put on the mask shows that we have seen and been so very enthusiastic about.
Tomorrow is shopping day and making up beds day etc.
Ashley and Ekatarina will be arriving at about 7 o'clock tomorrow evening for 10 days.
Let us hope it is not too cold and above all, not wet.