Friday, February 05, 2010

 

I shouldn't be feeling so dull.

I feel really tired - but then I feel a bit of negativity creeping in.
There is no good reason for it.
But I shall ask my happy pills to respond!
Probably I haven't done enough over the last few days - not achieved enough.
It will feel very good to go out to the Ford car boot sale in the morning.

I should have got out today - the sun shone for a while.
I was not actually very busy with other things.
I did send out the invoices for a few items that Bill has sold today on EBay.
He had 2 model cars by Schuco and one in particular set off a bidding war. Bill assumed when he listed these cars that he would be happy just to get his money back - but he has actually added to the holiday fund.

Another reason for feeling tired might be over nibbling today.
And now I just feel very over full.
Its an uncomfortable feeling for a lovely reason.
We were just finishing our dinner - larger than I really needed - when the door bell rang.
Bill's brother Michael and wife Beverley were there. Beverley has been cake making and brought one round for us.
So the kettle went on and we tucked into this wonderful cake made with carrot, banana, walnuts etc and with icing on the top. A real luxurious gateaux!
I have cut much of it into slices and put the wrapped slices in the freezer.
This at least will ration us a little.

I did a spend a while on the family.
It has been so long that I have done very much that I really need a thorough revision time to remember all that I have ever done.
What a shame when the open day was on at Horne church that I had not absorbed that an ancestor on the paternal grandmother side of the Monk family had been married there.
We checked out the Monk marriage and ignored a Godfrey marriage that had taken place not all that long before.
I wonder where all the Godfreys are. None of Bill's family seem to have had any memories of their aunts and uncles - the brothers and sisters of Bill's grandmother Louisa. Perhaps once she became a Monk she hardly saw her own family.
I now know more about them it seems than any family members have known before.
Granny Monk's sister had an illegitimate son. I assume the father might have been an Archibald Tomlin - those were the christian names he was given in 1890. Granny Monk would have known the boy - she was 12 when he was born.

Well, lets stop rambling. I don't think I need any supper!
I think it will be time for bed soon.
Goodnight.