Saturday, February 06, 2010

 

Littlehampton again.

Up at 6 o'clock - and what a struggle that seemed!

It was dry. So, we looked forward to being at Ford for the car boot sale.
As we passed through the South Downs area drizzle fell, increasingly harder - and we wondered if we were wasting our time.

But all was good. The rain stopped.
We were slow to find things that we wanted at first.
But gradually the shopping trolley was filled and I found myself prepared to part with money.
It wasn't very warm and I regretted not having my gloves with me.

At about 10 o'clock we were off for our breakfast. We went to Wetherspoon's again - mainly because we had to stop in the town to post parcels. Having got chilly we were not sure if we wanted a walk by the sea.

But as we ate - just the small breakfast this week - the clouds cleared, skies became blue and the sun shone.

So, we went to the beach for a while. The tide was out - and it goes out a long way on the flat beach at Littlehampton.

We did notice that our friends who run the Balaton cafe have opened up after their 3 month break - so no doubt we will be back with them for Saturday breakfasts.

This afternoon I have sorted all my purchases and I look forward to getting them into the shop. I shall do this when I dismantle my sale, which I plan to do on Thursday.
I am looking forward to rearranging and having lots of things I am proud of for the customers to see.

And now for a few pictures......


The wide expanse of beach at low tide at Littlehampton.
Those ridges fascinate me.


The tide was coming in and I titled this one "Home on the Tide"
That's the River Arun on the right.



Shell on the sand.
I am not sure why Bill opted to focus on a broken mussel shell.
I am sure, as it's art, there is a deep philosophical significance!



The sun was shining over the sea and Bill enhanced it with a facility on a photographic programme.
I suggest you enlarge this one with a click of the mouse to see the full effect.



I always like to have pictures with us in them.
I normally have to remind Bill that it is a good idea.




And finally a picture taken in the kitchen this afternoon of some of the things I bought.



I so love that bag - it just couldn't be more 1950s in style.
The horse and foal at the front are by Wade and is a limited edition piece - limited to just 250.
The Swarovski heart pendant should have been in my shop blog last week for St. Valentine's Day. Swarovski items are ridiculously expensive I think - this pendant is on sale in the manufacturer's shop for £68. Come and buy it for half that in Pilgrims.

I wonder what we will find tomorrow at Dorking. Another morning and another adventure.

Labels: ,