Monday, February 08, 2010

 

Chilly Monday in Dorking.

Monday evening - and almost as tired as last night!

Today has been full of activity in the shop, despite the rotten weather.
There has been snow, sleet and rain and a chilly wind.
It was not at all pleasant as I walked along to the post office with some EBay parcels.

I did a quick tidy up of my shelves. I took very little fresh in because I have decided that on Thursday I will make an extra trip to Dorking to pack up my January sale and arrange everything else differently.

Then I set up my little photographic studio - black card for a background leaning against things on the back counter.
I had been working on doing something, for this week's blog posting, connected with birds - St Valentine's Day being the traditional date for the birds' weddings.
That was obviously a bit narrow - not enough on other shelves to make it interesting.
Suddenly I was singing "Birds do it, Bees do it, Even educated fleas do it...."
So the theme for the shop blog this week will be "Lets Fall in love".
Nobody could provide any educated fleas though!

I look forward to sorting it out tomorrow.

Sales have been good today. We were busy chatting with and helping customers.
My sales during last week have also been good - it was Bill's turn to face the disappointment of a poor week.
I have sold 30 items from my Grand January Sale - 30 things not to take and sell at a car boot sale in the summer.
There has been little profit in these sales of course, but pleasing nevertheless.

Tomorrow we have appointments - hair cuts in the morning and George to the vet in the afternoon. He might just carry on with tablets for his thyroid problem as before - well, I am sure he will. But I expect the vet will choose to do a blood test first - all extra money in their coffers! George is still thin, but actually quite healthy and whatever a blood test said I would not permit anything other than the tablets.

Time for a cup of tea. And an early night maybe.