Tuesday, February 09, 2010

 

Tuesday troubles and twins

There was a certain amount of inconvenience about today.
Bill and I were both due to have hair cuts at the local shop. In total it required 3 trips to the hair salon to get our new neat hair.
Rob, my hairdresser had washed my hair. Suddenly I realised that my hair was not the only wet part of me that needed attention.
There was nothing for it except to hurry home - quicker and more reliable than trying to deal with it at the shop.
Bill went back half an hour later - and I returned this afternoon.
I know there are new followers of this blog - I am not going into all the gory details. If you want to know what is now a part of my life then google the word "urostomy".

I felt mentally a bit empty for a while. I have had too many reminders just lately that all is not normal, however hard I try to make it so.

But I did get on with the Pilgrims Antiques Blog. That felt like fun.
http://pilgrimsantiquesweststreetdorking.blogspot.com/

After lunch we had an appointment to take George to the vet. We read on posters on the waiting room wall that thyroid problems hit about 1 % of middle aged to elderly cats.
The plan was that he would have another blood test and then future medication can be discussed.
The vet felt him all over and he feels sure that George is doing very well. But he has lost a bit more weight - only 200 grams in 6 months.
It will only need tablets to keep him going.
I had been rehearsing on the way there how I would deal with the vet suggesting some surgery. It won't happen. George's heart has been broken by a stay at the vets once before and I won't do that to him at this later stage of his life.
Tomorrow we will get the results of the blood test and will know if he ought to be on one tablet or two each day.
George takes the tablets very easily now. All Bill has to do is rattle the pill pot and George goes to the sofa and waits.

I am a bit gutted by news from an EBay customer that the lovely red and black 1950s coffee table has gone missing. I am still hoping it could arrive tomorrow. But then I shall have to give a refund.
I shall change my instructions so that unless the buyer pays a little extra for recorded delivery when items have a value of more than £25 I will not be responsible for the failures of the postal service. Failures are actually very few.
Mostly I am very sad because I loved that table and enjoyed the buying of it at a car boot sale in Canterbury when we were on holiday last October.

Now for a bit of fun - pictures of twins.

George and Harry are twins - now almost 14 years old.
The picture below shows them cuddling up just before we took G to the vet.
I can't believe that George had actually understood our words when we spoke together about the vets. But he really had been behaving insecurely all morning.


George is on the left. Harry, on the right.

Its OK - you are safe. There really are not two of me!
But Bill has made it seem so.

This was on a walk at Tilgate Lake some time ago.

Labels: