Wednesday, December 10, 2008

 

Dorking party in Ug boots.

I am writing somewhat later than usual - having enjoyed a good evening with Dorking friends in the shop.
The numbers were less than there might have been - some live too far away or don't like being out at night.
But ten of us, which is a good number, sat down to all sorts of good foods which we all contributed, wine flowed, and talk and laughter made Bill and I feel very much a happy part of the Dorking crowd.
I took some photos - but haven't had time to deal with them yet.

I wore my nice new warm boots this evening - Ug style boots, which I bought this morning in one of the cheapy shops in town for £6.99.

Tomorrow we will be at another gathering - in fact it is all gatherings this week! Tomorrow's will begin with some sadness and solemnity because it is Gordon's funeral. But I guess having the family together afterwards will feel warm and comforting and there will be talk and laughter too.

And so to bed now, feeling mellow; though this is not wine induced mellowness on my part - I really do have to keep clear of alcohol for the sake of my body.