Monday, December 08, 2008

 

The Monday Crew in action.

Tired now - but it has been a good day.

I like being part of the Monday Crew as Monika has named the various dealers who man the shop on Mondays.
I have enjoyed the company of French Julie - a sweet old lady.
John the barometer dealer (who delivers teeth for his proper job) was in for a while this afternoon too.
And Monika and I seem to be getting on just fine.
I had taken a lot of books with me today that had no price tickets - so I got on and did that for a while this morning.
Bill ended up delivering a table.
A lady had been in on Saturday and was interested; she came back yesterday and paid for it and then wondered how she was going to get it home.
I made inquiries but it looked as though it would be up to her to solve that problem.
Bill found that if he took it apart it would go in the back of the car - so when she phoned this morning he offered to deliver it. It wasn't far and he knew the route.
She gave him £20 for his trouble - so a little profit was made.
It was our only profit today - no sales for us today.
But jewellery sold and sets of glasses and 2 of the old telephones that Stephen works on and converts for current day use.
I went out for a while to get parcels posted - the queue wasn't too long in the Dorking main post office.
So, a fun day.
This evening I dozed for a while. Then had to spring into urgent action as I realised I had "lung a spreak" - turn it around and you will realise what I mean. Bother bother - that's twice within a week.
Tomorrow I will get some rest maybe - in between medical appointments. I have B12 injection in the morning and a trip to the hospital in the afternoon to see endocrinologists. I wonder how my chemicals are behaving.
But for now - I bid you goodnight.