Saturday, June 28, 2008

 

28th June. Saturday

After a bad night, I have no doubt done too much today.
I had been restless for sometime and eventually was downstairs for an hour. I realised then that I had forgotten to take the antihistamine so I felt uncomfortable and sleepless.
We didn't get up too early.
There was an advert in the paper for a Saturday car boot sale at Shoreham at the aerodrome which started at half past eleven, so we went there.
But it was a very poor do with only about 20 stalls.
I bought some glass from just one stall.
It was exceedingly windy and we opted not to go for a walk along the beach.
We had been disappointed with the sale so we drove back northwards for the boot sale at Edenbridge, which was big enough. And it felt much warmer for there was not the chilly wind.
I found very few books and these days it is hard to know what else to buy for I am not sure what, if anything, will do well in Dorking.
I bought more glass!
I am beginning to have a few doubts about the Dorking venture. It might not last long for us - in fact I am wondering if the shop itself is close to ending. The lease is up for renewal in November and I wonder if Stephen wants to continue.
We shall see. Next week we will take stuff there and fill the cabinets and shelves, but I am not sure which day yet.
On our way out of Edenbridge we called in at the co-op; better loos than on the boot sale field and I wanted to buy some fizzy water to try making something I have not tried before - tempura batter.
We bumped into Bill's cousin Rosemary in there - the one who was recently widowed.
I didn't feel sociable enough really for I had begun to feel rough - exhausted and fragile in the gut department (glad of those better quality loos!).
I have since dosed up with immodium.
We got home to make a cup of tea and watch the tennis.
I fell fast asleep; Andy Murray had been winning the second set, but when I awoke we were well though the third set and Murray had lost the second set.
He did win in the end - a Brit though to the last 16 of Wimbledon. Andy Murray now belongs to all of us!
As I slept, Bill loaded the car ready for us to do a boot sale in the morning. We have opted for Reigate.
I don't care how much money we get for things - I just would like to clear the decks.
The task after tomorrow might be to remove all the labels and take things to a charity shop, for I might not want to be bothered with doing another one this year.
It has gone 9 o'clock and they are still playing tennis at Wimbledon. Nadal is about to beat Kiefer; Spain v Germany - just like the football final tomorrow.
I must prepare drink and nibbles to take out with us tomorrow to sustain us through the boot sale and then it will be bed time.
Goodnight.