Monday, June 23, 2008

 

23rd June. Gentle Monday.

A gentle day today - and how I needed it!
After I had written yesterday evening I began to feel really dreadful. My gut hurt, I felt very sick and my head was pounding. We did my blood pressure and it was way above what it normally is.
I wondered if I would sleep - but all was well; I stirred a few times but that is all.
I have continued to feel nauseous for much of today.
I think potassium has gone out of balance - it feels like that.
But I guess the hard work of yesterday in the sun and with such strong winds blowing was also too much for me.
After waking late, showering and washing my hair it was about half past nine before we had any breakfast today.
I then described again the 6 items that I lost from the computer on Friday, and then described 7 more things. These will be listed tomorrow.
This includes the jigsaw that I finished during today.
We took parcels to the post - too big and cumbersome to take a walk there.
I spent £19 on postage today - the Post Office cannot complain about EBay sellers, for all over the land business is brisk. And of course I didn't actually spend it because the customers pay for the postage - well, except for Craig! He is the one who implied I was a liar, a fraudster and ignorant! He should get his parcel tomorrow. I doubt that I will get an apology from him though.
I have kept an eye on the tennis at Wimbledon - gosh another year has passed by already.
My first Wimbledon was over 50 years ago, listening to the commentary on the radio whilst ill with chicken pox one June.
I have been to see the doctor today. She asked what she could do for me and I replied that I could tell her there was nothing wrong with me! But we all know that is not true. But today I just wanted to go through all the things on my repeat order form for prescriptions.
We now will both sort out being able to order our repeat prescriptions on line and even have the things ready for us as the pharmacy just over the road from the doctor's.
I made a beef and vegetable dish with a plum and ginger sauce, using some meat that had been in the freezer for far too long really. It was actually 2 pieces of rump steak that I got for just 99p from the bargain bay.
But does that beat Ashley? He bought a loaf of bread today reduced from 82p to 1p.
Tomorrow we are going to Dorking once again, to finalise details with Stephen, who runs Pilgrims. I guess it will be in a week's time that we move our stuff in.
And we will do the first duty on the Thursday of that first week.
And what of Bill. Well he spent most of the day in the garden tidying and weeding and watering.
Then cleaned and checked over Sammy the Silver, what a busy bee he is.
Well, that's all for today.
Goodnight.