Wednesday, June 18, 2008

 

18th June. Shop work.

Well, just as I was getting used to the idea of not having the commitment to a shop, it seems like I shall only be out of one for a month.
The work to get ready for the move into Pilgrims at Dorking is already well under way.
I think I have just about completed the task of re labelling everything I have in readiness for the Dorking customers.
Tomorrow Bill and I will go to Dorking so that he can see what we have got ourselves involved in. He will have his tape measure so that he can jot down dimensions for some open shelves between the two cabinets. Then we will have to get wood and Bill will build this very small shelf unit.

This morning I our only trip out was to East Grinstead to throw out much of the old shelving bits that we had cobbled together in the garage for storing things on.
They (East Grinstead) have a very old fashioned amenity tip - but at least it has not burned down like ours.
Then we went to the farm for eggs.
There were also kittens for sale - adorable little creatures. But George and Harry would not think them at all appealing, so the Solly look alike must wait for another kindly soul to take him home.

This afternoon I sold some more things that had been listed for the second time on EBay.
Sometimes I think the world is crazy - no, rephrase that for I tend to think it is crazy most of the time.
I had an interesting book about the Port of Liverpool during WW2 - one of a bundle of Liverpool books I bought for 10p each.
Last time on EBay I opened the bidding at £1.50 - and it got no bids.
This time I thought I would tempt them by starting the bidding at 95p and the bids mounted and it sold today for £9.21.
I haven't wrapped the books yet - let's hope my estimates of postage charges were more or less right.
I must sort that out before we go to Dorking in the morning.

I am very tired tonight. What did I expect when I took on another shop?
But I have been sleeping very badly lately and last night was the worst. I got up and made a cup of tea, switched on the computer and before long I was chatting with Jamie.

I hope I can get advice over the next few weeks about the tiredness.
Maybe I need more of something or less of something else - or something completely different to keep my strength up. I shall be seeing 3 different doctors in the next 6 weeks and will be having a CT scan.
That should put my mind at rest a bit - hopefully.

I know that I shall need to creep up the stairs to bed early tonight.

It will be another busy day tomorrow and I am chief timekeeper at a Sussex Under 13s athletics meeting in the evening.

So - time for Goodnight.