Sunday, June 15, 2008

 

15 June Bike versus car

Life feels flat.
Neither of us have energy for very much at the moment - though having said that the last 3 weeks have been very busy.

We went early to the car boot sale at Pease Pottage. It is not our favourite and we didn't really buy very much; but it is just a mile from home and in these days of high fuel costs that is something to be considered.
We had planned to go to another sale at lunch time in Blindley Heath, but we didn't get there.
One or two bicycles blocked the roads. Well, actually 27,000 bicycles blocked the road, for today was the day for the annual bike ride from London to Brighton in aid of The National Heart Foundation.
It is almost impossible to cross the flow of cyclists and many roads are actually closed.
We gave up.
I was feeling really tired anyway, so perhaps that was a good thing.
I spent the afternoon doing a jigsaw (complete) and watching 2 fantastic specimens of athletic manhood playing a really good tennis final. Nadal beat Djokavic, but both players were superb and each point was hard fought and so powerfully played and with such skill.
I think I feel bad because I have dared to risk eating some things on my "Foods to Avoid" list and my potassium levels have no doubt gone up. I feel nauseous and breathless - and just hoping that getting the diet right will bring things back to normal without medical intervention.
I shall see my GP next week and in a couple of weeks will see the endocrinologist once again. I want to ask him if I shouldn't have had more B12 to start me off with, as he originally told me.
Anyway, tomorrow we shall try to make a start on sorting the garage. All the boxes need to be moved somewhere, and Bill was hoping that "somewhere" could be the back garden; but it might rain.
I shall go through the boxes we brought home from the shop to determine the destination of each item.
But for now, all I want is to lie down. And hopefully I can sleep through the night. The last few nights I have been waking very often.
Goodnight.
Oh - do look at the jjjj blog. Jamie has put another little video clip on, using his still camera. This time we have John singing along with a song and playing his toy sword as an imaginary guitar.