Tuesday, June 24, 2008

 

24th June. The world and my life keep spinning.

I think I shall be really glad when life settles down to something like normal......I wonder when that will be.
When there is less to do, then maybe I shall start to know how much of my tiredness and nausea is a natural reaction to stress and hard work and how much is due to my poor health.
Actually, the endocrinologist might have words on the subject in 10 days time. I shall have a blood test before I see him.

But I am hoping that within about the next 10 days life will feel on a more even keel.
By then we shall have our things in place in the Dorking shop and our commitment then will be just 2 days a month, though I guess we might pop over most weeks just to see if we need to put more things in the cabinets and hopefully to collect some money.
It will be good to get to know Dorking for it is attractive and full of history.
http://www.surrey-online.co.uk/towns/Dorking/index.htm
This web site gives a flavour of the town.
I am sure there will be lots of photographs during the next few months.

Probably after doing a boot sale next Sunday we might be close to just dumping all the unsold items - maybe do just one more later on, in August.
This afternoon I sorted out the boxes of books - about 8 of them. Then I phoned somebody who had asked to be able to see them - a customer at last Sunday's boot sale; so Emil is coming on Friday.
Books are heavy and the bending and sorting made me feel very tired.
Let us hope that Emil takes lots away with him.

This morning we went to Dorking to meet Stephen, the man who runs Pilgrims.
We didn't stay very long - had a cup of tea with him and chatted.

We were home just after 1 o'clock and I cooked some fish and potatoes.

I have listed more things on EBay today - an interesting selection of mostly books I think.

I am half way through another jigsaw which I can get on with whilst keeping up to date with the tennis at Wimbledon.

Tomorrow is another busy day.
We will go to IKEA at CRoydon for a set of shelves for the shop - and anything else that takes our fancy, no doubt.
We shall have our lunch there, for it is really good quality and value.
Anyway I wouldn't have much time for cooking once we were home because we have an athletics meeting in the evening. One of us will be the chief timekeeper, so we must arrive earlier than normal.

I promise that I will try and rest a bit on Thursday!
And I must rest soon tonight. I feel really exhausted again and a bit nauseous too.
I want my bed!
Goodnight!