Tuesday, March 04, 2008

 

4th March Happy birthday Jamie William


Happy birthday to Jamie William.
So many birthday memories just now - thoughts of my brother are with me too today.
And my Mother and Father would have been looking back to a simple wedding ceremony - in Tunbridge Wells I guess.
The picture shows Jamie on his birthday last year. We had a long and special trip to Phang Nga (Pang Nar) Bay and out to James Bond Island.
I wonder what we will all do next year!
One thing strikes me is that the children have grown up a lot since March of last year.
I do suggest that you take a look at Jamie's jjjj blog. He has updated family news today and put a lot of photos on.
His weather blog has a quote on life by J M Barrie. Now how did Jamie get from Thai weather to Peter Pan?
I guess his day has been fairly mundane - a normal working day after all. This year there will be no major celebrations, but I suspect that next year (the 40th birthday) might be marked with a party.
It has been a routine sort of Tuesday too, here in England for us.
Bill has a nasty cold and I keep getting symptoms which suggest I might get one too.
And despite the bright spells of sunshine there was a very cold wind.
But I spent all day in the shop.
For the first time since the middle of last October I actually had a few hours without the support of Bill. It has been a very gentle day, with the sales sheet filling to just about half way down and the items sold were generally very cheap.
The first item was an ornamental ceramic French soldier from Napoleonic times - Bill bought it on Sunday morning at Dorking.
On the way home the skies darkened - as they have done several times, and we were unsure if it was rain, hail or snow that the windscreen wipers were sweeping away. It didn't last long.
I feel really gutty once again. And I can't see that gluten is to blame.
There is a possibility that I have an irritable bowel, because it is now too short, and there will be very little I can do about it.
That's life! Well, it's my life - others have different things to contend with.
Now for a restful hour or so before snuggling down in bed.