Tuesday, February 26, 2008

 

26th February. A Fair Day.

The tiredness and pains in my gut are beginning to feel very tedious and my days are too influenced by how my body is feeling.
Grandpa began to ask me this evening when the next blood tests are due, so I guess he feels a bit anxious. The next blood tests will be during next week.
I have reminded Grandpa that my ups and downs have been a rhythm of life that I have experienced now since the 1990's and I guess this pattern will continue for always. But blood test results may be reassuring.
I have sat down for most of the day and let others scurry round the shop looking after the customers wants and needs.
I looked after the sales book and the money and chatted with people once they came to the desk.
It has been busy today.
Joy and Peter opened up the shop at 7 o'clock and dealt with a coach party of foreigners who were more or less waiting for them in the rain. Thank goodness the weather cheered up during the day.
J & P then left things to Bill and me and by the time they came back I had stowed away well over £800 of takings. Margaret came in and helped too. Everybody has sold today.
I was glad Joy and Peter were able to get back for I really was wilting.
When we left, the shop was full of customers and so I am sure the amount of takings will have increased before the shop finally closed for the day.
The people who regularly visit us when the antiques fair is on will certainly miss us all when we have gone.
Well, that will be all for today. I shall watch Master Chef (its the final week now) and no doubt will be close to dozing off before the programme has finished.
Goodnight.