Wednesday, February 20, 2008

 

20th February. The world and mind are befogged!


This was the view from the bedroom when we first woke up this morning.
And it reflects the way my mind has felt for most of the day - hard to focus on anything and thoughts all indistinct.
I guess I was paying for working hard in the shop yesterday.
We went shopping this morning. First to Lidls in Horley and then to call in at Tescos at Hookwood (close to Horley) for the things we can't get in Lidls.
I didn't feel too bad until we got inside Tescos - then I felt a bit overwhelmed by the size of the place and also a bit befuddled that, despite all their advertising, I find it to be more expensive than our local Asda.
I felt so tired walking around - and a bit bad tempered too.
I was glad to get home.
But I haven't really settled to very much this afternoon. I have weighed 10 more things for EBay and calculated the postage - but just couldn't get started on the actual describing.
Bill has looked at a mantel clock that he bought from somebody at the shop yesterday. I am not sure if it needs work or just a good oiling.
I have chatted with Jamie - told him that I had just realised that Jessica's school has a web site. He has included it as a link on one of his blogs.
Jamie told me this afternoon.........
Last Friday was the "school fair" - half a day.
I was interested to look at the science area
Looks like they do a lot of things geology, weather, electricity, basic chemistry.
I didn't ask him how much of this sort of thing Jessica is doing at 6 years old - but it does show a well developed curriculum and the pictures on the web site and the school song playing in the background make for a good impression.
We had a frozen fish ready meal that we had bought in Lidls last time we were there. Unually for the ready meals we had had, including from Lidls - this one was awful and has mostly ended up in the bin.
Now I shall go and rest in front of the TV. Shall I watch The Brits? Awards for modern pop singers and groups, some of which I enjoy for their creativity and exploration of ideas and musical effects - and some of which are really dire.
I think that the programme comperes, Ozzie and Sharon Osborne might be an embarrassment, particularly because they are unscripted.
I could watch one of those wonderful events that I find quite fascinating - a total eclipse of the moon. There are 2 big problems about this. Firstly it lasts from about midnight until 6 o'clock and secondly by that time it could be cloudy and foggy once again.
Goodnight.