Monday, February 18, 2008

 

18th February Busy sending Emails for EBay.

Good evening.
It has been a busy day and one which suggests why I am ready to enjoy my blog rather than send out a lot of EMails.
I have been sending EMails for much of the day - and all the other bits and pieces involved with successful selling on EBay.
Bill had model cars selling too and so he was involved at least in the wrapping of items.
Then it was time to send off EMail invoices to the winning bidders.
In no time at all payments have come and so I have been addressing parcels - that seems to take quite a while.
Then I send an EMail thanking the buyer for the payment and letting them know when the parcel would be posted - in almost every case they are now already on their journeys to new homes.
Then I leave a positive feedback for these prompt payers.
And then make sure our accounts are up to date. Many amateur dealers do not bother with accounts - I just feel more secure knowing that I could show Mr (or Mrs) Taxman/person that we actually earn very little and don't owe any tax.
Yes there are profits - but because it is a hobby I don't think about the need for a car, computer, phone etc which should also be balanced against the profits.
Goodness I suppose a business person would have down a trip to Costa Coffee as part of their expenses!
Anyway - money is boring to me, but I like to do the job properly. A job worth doing is worth doing well, they always did say.
And that basically has been the day.
I feel tired - maybe not just because I have been working, but also because I slept very little.
Tomorrow is a shop day and I will be there all day with Bill. I have a box full of things to be arranged on the shelves.
I just might take the laptop with me and then describe some more books for later in the week.
I hope you have had a good day.
Bye for now. Time for bed soon.