Friday, February 15, 2008

 

15 th February. Part 1. A joke for you.

I am sure this is an old joke and maybe you have seen it before.
But it made me laugh.

An old school friend, Stan sent it to me today.
He wound me up something real bad - talking about not wishing to offend me and hoping I can be broadminded enough.

A few days ago I was having some work done at my local garage.
A lady came in and asked for a seven-hundred-ten.
We all looked at each other and another customer asked,"What is a seven-hundred-ten?"
She replied, "You know, the little piece in the middle of the engine, I have lost it and need a new one."She replied that she did not know exactly what it was, but thispiece had always been there.
The mechanic gave her a piece of paper and a pen and asked her to draw what the piece looked like.She drew a circle and in the middle of it wrote 710.
He then took her over to another car which had its hood up and asked"is there a 710 on this car?" She pointed and said,"Of course, it's right there."




















Maybe I will write a short bit about our day later on.
Dinner is cooking. Haddock baked with some salami and the eternal boiled potatoes and vegetables.
I realise I should cut down the amount I eat at meal times.
I was reading that as almost all food contains potassium that even low potassium foods become high potassium foods if you eat too much of them.