Wednesday, February 06, 2008

 

06 February. A Happy Chinese New Year to You.

A happy Chinese New Year to you!

I wasn't really up to sending off the normal New Year greetings on January 1st, so I will take this opportunity to hope that my friends and family find lots of good things to enjoy during this new year - and the strength and patience to deal with the inevitable difficulties that we all have to face from time to time.

By the way - does anybody know which animal is the symbol for this Chinese year?

Today has been quiet - the night rather less so.

Sorry to people who have already heard this tale of woe.

As you know, each night when I go to bed I attach a night collecting bag to the urostomy bag on my body. It is routine now.

Normally I routinely check that the tap at the bottom of the night bag is turned off.

Yes - you guessed it. Last night I forgot. At 4 o'clock in the morning I was awake and wondered why the night bag was empty and then swore!

A night time's wee had drained down the pipe and straight through the bag and onto the mat beside the bed.

Of course Bill insisted on getting up and sorting things out. Bless Grandpa B!

This morning we popped to Asda for a few bits - and a few bits more of course.
Next week will have to be a much more restrained shopping trip I think.
I was really pleased to meet up with Norma - who had been a childhood playmate of mine. She lived in the house next door.
Obviously she had heard from Jenny about what had been happening in my life, so it was nice that she could see me out and about and beginning to cope with life once again.

We also met Bill's sister, Julie and we were able to give her a lift home.

This afternoon we worked a bit on EBay things. I had a few things finishing - (2 out of 6 things sold). I started describing things to be listed on Friday, but Bill has done a great deal more than me.

I guess I needed a day of rest after the exertions of yesterday. Tomorrow I must go and see Bill Clinton - no nothing to do with Hillary and the Super Tuesday elections. I have a dental appointment. My teeth are just awful, but those that remain in my mouth are surviving without pain; so I shall ask that whatever he thinks needs doing can be left for another month, time for me to feel stronger and more ready for more medical intrusions.

In the afternoon both Bill and I have an appointment with the GP. I must jot down what I need to talk with her about.

I will end with a picture - of somebody I have never met and not part of the family. It relates to our walk last Saturday, which I recorded on the blog.

Our neighbour Isobel grew up close to Milton Mount when it was still a girls' boarding school. Her father was good friends with the head gardener and the family had freedom to use the grounds.

You will recall our pictures of the fountain pond, with its thin layer of ice. Isobel sent me a picture of her mother on the water.

Those rounded evergreen bushes have grown enormous since those days - but it would have been over 40 years ago.