Thursday, January 31, 2008

 

31st Jan Mostly a good day.

Today has mostly been a good day - though the morning's weather did nothing to make anybody feel good.
It was wild out there - gale force winds and almost horizontal heavy rain.

Bill was out early for his ECG test at the doctor's surgery.
The nurse commented that the read out showed an irregular rhythm and extra heartbeats.
We are not sure if this is anything to worry about.
But there is good news about his cholesterol - the levels are quite low.
His blood pressure was taken and recorded - 161 over 93. The nurse assumes that the dosage of his medication will be increased when he sees the doctor next week.

We both went to Tescos later for a bit of shopping. I made the big mistake of not taking a wheel chair. I went round using my stick and gradually gor very weary and fund it extremely hard work and all I wanted to do was leave.

Now, we'll have to go to Asda to get things we didn't find in Tescos. So that was not such a good part of the day.

My cooking has gone well today. I did a couple of meals at lunchtime on a base of rice noodles. Bill had the left over baked beans in his - off limits for me of course.
Later I cooked a huge sausage, vegetable and rice dish in the wok. It was really good - and tomorrow we will have it again because I made so much. Amazing - 6 sausages will have lasted us for 3 days. Of course I have to limit my protein intake anyway.
There has been better news of my health. It has been nearly 36 hours since I ate bread and already the pains have subsided a lot - and the wind levels.

This afternoon brought a real pleasure to our door. Ruth called in with Felix.
Wow! Just for one moment I thought I was going to witness his first steps. He stood for a long time - would he walk a few steps to where he could hold on? No - he didn't; but it won't be long.

There might be more Felix pictures tomorrow because we had already arranged to go to Ifield to see them for a while.