Sunday, January 27, 2008

 

26th Jan - Gardens and red skies at night.

Yesterday (Saturday) was mostly a rest day for me - the activities of Friday left me feeling tired.

Bill took advantage of the much better weather to get out into the garden - and again today.
Normally we would have sorted a lot out last autumn - putting the garden to bed, as Dee always called the autumn gardening.
But our lives were absorbed in my health matters.
And anyway in these days of presumed global warming, how are we to tell that autumn is passing into winter? Autumn flowers bloom until Christmas and even into the New Year.
It was a couple of years ago that I was entranced by a front garden at the top end of Wakehurst Drive, for there was Christmas wreath on the front door with a few roses blooming close by and the first early daffodils just showing their yellow bonnets.

But at least our small front and back gardens now look much neater and awaiting the next season's colours to return as old friends.














There is just a little blossom on what we have named Solly's tree beind the bird table. We bought that tree on the day that we knew that the much loved cat, Solly had lost his life. I wanted some new life to remember him with.


















Later in the day Bill scurried to get his camera to capture the vivid sun set sky.
It is such a wondrous colour that I felt I had to check and see if Bill had not enhanced it on the computer - but no, the pinks and reds you see below are just as the camera recorded them.
















I spent some of the day with Frieda who called round. She passed me a Damart catalogue and I decided to order some required items by phone. I had looked On-line and all I got was notification of them being "Out of Stock".
Well, I got the same information from the girl on the phone, but at least she could assure me that the items will be sent in 2 to 3 weeks.
I look forward to my new underwear!
I think the styles I am trying out may be better suited to a bag wearer.
I cooked the Saturday evening roast dinner. We had a beautiful gammon joint.
I realise I might be better off with a smaller plate.
It was not the meat or roast potatoes that were the problem - well, OK I had 4 bits of potato and not 3, but half the plate gets filled with my well boiled vegetables. The diet sheet says I should limit it to just 2 ounces!
Maybe even with a roast dinner I should fill the plate with rice - that can be on the go every day.
I did feel very queasy by bed time - may it was just exhaustion. But I felt awful and it frightened me a bit. The diet must be adhered to.