Thursday, January 17, 2008

 

17th Jan Changing roles in Monkland.

Today it became Grandpa B's turn to become the patient.
This afternoon he had an appointment with Dr. Armstrong.
And yes, we have been quite right to be concerned about Grandpa's high blood pressure.
The doctor obviously feels that he should be treated quite rapidly and medication has been prescribed - Ramipril is the drug he is on; the dose is quite low at the moment.
But for sure the drugs will act more quickly than a diet and exercise prgramme.
In fact diet and exercise hardly got a mention - except to watch salt consumption.
Tomorrow he will have a cholesterol blood test in the morning and ECG in the afternoon.
He will see the doctor again in about 3 weeks.
I am so glad that he is now being properly monitored.

I was expecting a blood test today - but nobody arrived. I don't think it matters too much this week. But it must be done in the middle of next week for Dr Foster who I see at the hospital next Friday. If the district nurse can't visit, then I shall have to go to the hospital.

This morning TV aerial people came to look at our TV reception which is very poor. Their best advice is to receive programmes into a satellite dish. We certainly won't be paying for all the pay to view channels - but the dish, like a freeview box, adds choices to our viewing. Not that we view a great variety of programmes anyway - though I will be in front of the screen for MasterChef shortly. Next Thursday we get the dish.

And this morning we also enjoyed a visit from Joy and Peter and their 18 month old grandaughter. Arwen is a lovely little thing, enjoying her books and singing beautifully.

I have worked more on pages from my stock file again today - all the china items are now neatly sorted. Well - sorted on paper, but not out in the garage. I can't say how the shop looks because I haven't been for so long.

After my boasting of yesterday about successful boggling, I was beaten a few times today by Roger. My! One time he did very well indeed! Congratulations brother!

There has been yet more rain today - it has looked very dark and gloomy at times.

Right - lets go and see the cooking programme and dream of forbidden treats!