Monday, January 14, 2008

 

14 Jan Ready for some action.

This evening we had chicken, rice and vegetables. I cooked just the right amount of rice, so no left overs for this time.
So why do I tell you this?
Well, I had an Email from friend, Maggie, full of concern that I was eating left over rice. Did I not know that there is potential danger?
I have to ask if any of my other family or friends knew this - I certainly did not.
It seems that, by good fortune, I have always stored cooked rice in the proper fashion and never kept it for very long.
It should be quickly transferred to a fridge and stored at less then 5 degrees C. Or it can be kept hot at over 65 degrees.
I have been investigating on web sites about the toxins that quickly develop if the rice is not stored well.
We learn something new everyday!

This morning I went through all the details of the sales in Rocking Horse since the very end of October. They are all crossed off in my stock file now.
I need to re-do the pages in the stock file some time. Water has been spilled on the pages and it looks a mess and anyway there are now very many items that have been crossed off. January seems to be a good time to start again, but I think it will take me well into February.

At lunch time I joined the daily Boggle battle and was pleased to manage some victories over my brother - though there is still room for improvement.

Grandpa has been out an about. The cordless phone he bought last November has not been working too well so he asked for a refund and then went and bought another in Tescos.
He also took a couple of bags of the rejected old and unsuitable foodstuffs to the rubbish tip.

This afternoon Bill decided to list some books he had described and ready onto EBay. There were some problems and so I tried just one of mine - and together we solved the problems. It looks like I shall have to alter all the listings I have ready before listing over the next few weeks.

I also spent some chatting with Jamie and Mam again. They, of course, are preparing for bed at that time; whilst I want to do as many things as I can.

So, it has been quite an active day - hard to believe that last Monday I was in hospital. The diet is helping me so much. Now we have to sort out Grandpa B's diet.

I feel very tired again. I will go and watch Masterchef - people cooking delicious food that I am not permitted to eat!
Then I will have an early night.