Wednesday, January 09, 2008

 

09 Jan Another day survived.

I think I should rename the blog! Grandma P is hardly rambling through life, rather she is merely surviving time. At least that's how it feels today.
I didn't sleep well last night. I was frustrated with the radio on offer too. Radio 5 was in New Hampshire and The World Service seemed to have schools programmes - a Music, Movement and Mime just as I remember from childhood. I expect you can recall curling in a ball on the school hall floor to be a little seed and then letting one arm poke up to be the first shoot until you had grown into a beautiful flower or tree.
Anyway I didn't want any of it - though I was interested in the New Hampshire results. I am not sure why I was pleased that Hillary Clinton had won the democrat vote. Maybe I just don't think it should be a foregone conclusion just yet and I do have some regard for her tucked away within me.
When morning came I surfaced slowly. I decided to have breakfast before my ablutions. Then I fell asleep almost immediately. Oh well, I thought - I will wash my hair later. But it didn't happen.
After lunch I spent more than an hour at the computer. I joined in chat with Jamie and Mam for the first time in weeks. John will be 3 years old on Friday and there will be a party on Saturday.
I never did sort out my queries about the potassium content of my strawberry flavoured soya milk - after all soya is made from beans and they are off limits.
And as many of you know I sent a general EMail.
I was exhausted after that and spent the next hours lying down. I saw the end of The Blue Lamp - the first film that Dirk Bogarde starred in.
This evening we dined on salmon, boiled potatoes and cauliflower. It was lovely - but obviously will have to be a weekly occurrence because it is easy. Poor Grandpa B!
Being home reminds me just how much of a strain Grandpa B is under. I can see it much more clearly than when I am in hospital. I offered some help this afternoon - peel potatoes perhaps, but was shooed away. Some time - maybe not this week, Grandpa will have to learn to let go of the tight control he has of the monkland ship.
Well, time for an early bedtime very soon.
Goodnight.