Wednesday, January 16, 2008

 

16th Jan Concentration.

Concentration - sadly lacking from Grandma P's life for a good long while now.

Thankfully I found some evidence that it might be returning to my life.

Firstly it gives me an opportunity to boast! I played Boggle at lunchtime against Roger (in school) and Sue (at home) and of course many others round the world, though they seem to lack significance when family battles are being enjoyed.

I hope R & S enjoyed the battle even though they failed to beat me. Of course it is a delight to beat my brother in a game, but absolutely thrilling to find myself able to do it.

I have also concentrated on my stock file today. I have re -written pages with unsold stock from a section I call CHILDREN - the books, the toys and games and also nursery china. Many old pages have been sent to the paper skip. It is just a start.
I can see that many sections might be better amalgamated because by the middle of the year there will be no new stock for the shop and that will cut out many types of things that I normally would buy.
From now on I really should only buy what is suitable to be sold on EBay.

One person who lost a little concentration today was John - but then he is just a few days past his 3rd birthday and he was playing in one of those areas filled with small plastic balls. He fell and managed to break the little finger on his right hand.





Ah bless him! He is looking so sorry for himself.
The little finger has been splinted to the one next to it.
I think he was feeling better by evening, but frustrated that he couldn't use his hand so well and feeding himself was a problem.


I don't know if Grandpa B was aware of special powers of concentration as he walked to the post office and on to the chemist. He took the camera with him.



The local church is modern - though now 50 years old.
St Mary's is airy and attractive and is the centre of a very
lively Christian community.
The bell tower is quite a local landmark.

I do not know the name of the tree - possibly a Plane. Anybody able to help?

The fact that he walked tells you that for today, at least, we have had no rain.
Washing has billowed in the wind in the back garden.
It is quite chilly tonight, with a clear sky.



And today Grandma has learned something new. I phoned Rolf in Germany and he didn't recognise the words Potassium; but when I gave him the chemical symbol (K) he knew what I meant. It seems I meant Kalium - so now I know why a chemical beginning with a P has the chemical symbol K.

The pictures are very small on today's blog because they have already been reduced in size to be sent easily. Don't forget about clicking on them to enjoy a larger image.

And I am sorry that my text has got all squashed up in the second half. No matter how I try to edit tonight I fail to put the spaces in that I want.
Ah! Grandma P failed to put things right.
Perhaps concentration has died.
But clever Grandpa B fiddled after I had gone to bed - and lo and behold all is well.