Friday, January 18, 2008

 

18th Jan A "nothing much" sort of day.

This has ben a funny sort of day.
Grandpa was up early. He had been advised that the best way to avoid queues for a blood test was to arrive before the lab opened. Even so he was 10th in the line, but that is a lot better than later in the morning and he was able to talk with an old friend for a while who was 12th in the queue.
Grandpa was out just after half past 7, leaving Grandma in bed for a while, enjoying some sleep. I had been awake for a couple of hours in the night and came down for a cup of tea a long time before dawn.
The morning passed idly - I think. I hardly remember what we were doing.
This afternoon we went to Asda and I enjoyed shopping from the electric wheel chair again. I had thought of Grandpa taking a camera - but we forgot. So I'll use the chair again next week for sure.
The surgery rang this morning to say that Grandpa's ECG test would have to be postponed because the maching was not working. They will phone again on Monday.
We are both feeling a bit run down. This morning I felt quite nauseous - that was worrying. Bill may be suffering from some side affects of the new heart drug, which can be troublesome at first.
It has been another grey day.
Do have a look at the jjjj blog - lots of lovely pictures of the family in Phuket.
Goodnight.