Tuesday, January 29, 2008

 

29 Jan Sales and friends - make the world go round!

Well, Grandma P has very little to offer you today.

I spent some time this afternoon sorting out some EBay sales - 6 books out of 6 have sold and some for very good prices.
Mind you it is possible that one just might have been bought in error. I bought a book about Victorian Bangor last September and thought it might be interesting for Ashley - and then realised it was about Bangor in Northern Ireland.
As the successful bidder hales from quite close to Bangor in Wales, a mistake may have been made. I would not be so forgiving for most bidders - but this one is an old friend ( an old fool perhaps!). Sorry Pete!

Grandpa has also been busy selling in the shop. he covered almost a complete page of the sales sheet. Only one item was mine - but the profit covers almost the week's rent. It was a wooden Pelham puppet - the witch.

There have been vistors today. Jo came round for an hour or so. And this evening we were happily surprised by a very quick visit from Andrew (of Dee and Andrew who live in France) He has been here to visit his father and called in before getting to Gatwick to catch a plane back to Toulouse. It is a long time since we have spent any time with him at all.

I feel OK, I guess. But this evening I feel very gutty again. It makes my head ache.
Never mind - tomorrow is another day.