Monday, January 28, 2008

 

28 Jan Monday - a quiet sort of day.

Monday has been a quiet day.
I have needed rest.
I spent time sitting down and finishing of the sections in the stock file.

I haven't felt really very good - I have gut problems, which I have not been bothered with for some time. Perhaps the build of wheat products is beginning to get to me.

We were warned that the layout of the Boggle web site would change - and today it did just that.
Whoops! Where is everything?
Neverthless the lunch time battle went ahead as usual and I am sure we will all soon work out the way we want the page set up. Certainly I spotted a lot of the old familiar rivals from the previous format there - including a certain Nibbin who hales from Wiltshire.

Bill spent a little more time in the garden before taking the garden rubbish to the dump. With such a small garden we don't have room for a spreading compost heap and so the local council benefits from our waste. And to be fair they make very good use of it, for the parks and gardens in the town are splendid.

The weather has been mostly gloomy. It was really cold at times. The day began with fog and frost and later it was just very grey.
But in between there was a short spell of brilliant sunshine which made water droplets glimmer and glisten on the twigs and branches.

Bill captured the images below of the blossom on Solly's tree. Enlarge them and you will really enjoy the sparkling jewels of water on the petals.


















Bill has just washed up the dinner things. The gammon hash I invented turned out really well. There is a little over which might be saved for breakfast on Wednesday.
I will now watch Master Chef and wonder how my gammon hash would fare amongst the attempts at cordon bleu cookery.
Goodnight all - hope your day has been good.