Friday, February 01, 2008

 

01 Feb Felix in February. Happy days!

Grandma P and Grandpa B would like to take this opportunity to wish all our readers a very happy February!

Felix is our nephew. It is simpler to explain the relationship that way.
But, the facts are that he is our half nephew - son of my half sister, Ruth.
His father is Dede (pronounced sort of Dayday). Dede is from Madagascar - with a wide extended family.
Ruth has been living in Madagascar for periods both before Felix was born and again afterwards, having returned there last July.
She has been back in England for just over a week and is now looking for a well paid job and good child care. We look forward to welcoming Dede once again in March.

This afternoon we went over to Ifield to spend some time with them.
There was pleasure of course in being with them.
And for me there had been some sort of challenge because it was the first time I had been to another person's house since last October - and very relaxed I felt too.

Felix was a bit grouchy when he first woke up. I suspect he might be suffering with a tooth coming through. There was lots of dribble and he wanted to chew his hand - and yell at the same time. But soon he was distracted and became his usual charming self.





































A little something always helps to cheer us up. Felix, like me, turns to rice cakes.

















Here he is modelling Ruth's hat.
















And here he is again - in the hat and with rice cake round his mouth.
Suddenly as I looked at this picture I caught a glimpse of my younger brother, Robin.
Colouring is different of course - but there is just a sort of look about him that takes me back.

The rest of the day was somewhat routine. We took parcels to the post and then went to Asda to pick up things we failed to buy yesterday and then a whole lot more, mainly because I felt more relaxed in Asda than in Tescos. And that was without the electric buggy because there were none available.

The weather has been much better today than predicted. Indoors it was a pleasure to sit by the window and have the sun shine streaming in - outdoors it was actually rather cold.

Health continues on a reasonably even keel. Yes, I still get to feel too tired. In Asda I just couldn't stand to wait at the checkout, but had to go and find a chair.
Bill doesn't grumble - but last night his blood pressure was 166 over 93.
Mine was almost half that - 89 over 53.
I worry a bit about my low readings - but the doctors don't seem concerned. Andrew said that in France they would not accept a blood pressure so low without monitoring it and treating it.