Monday, February 04, 2008

 

04th February. The new Grandma P.

Today there is a new me!


















I last went to see Rob at the hairdressers at the end of October - the Monday before the operation I think.
Since then my hair has been washed when I had the energy or felt desperate.
But that is all.
It has grown of course - quite long and straggly.

I have to accept that I am now in my 60s and no young beauty, but today I felt quite thrilled at what Rob achieved and I could tell that he was delighted too.

Enlarge the picture, Grandma suggests arrogantly!

Bill drove me to Southgate shops. We had such a load of big parcels to be posted that it seemed a good idea to use the car.
Bill then walked home.
And I drove myself home - the first time I drove the car since last October.
It felt quite easy and very familiar.

I remember how it was when I drove the car after a really long lay off of about 18 months, when I had been ill before. Bill took me to a straight and quiet country lane and I felt really strange behind the wheel - and yet I couldn't stop grinning too.
But my arms then were not really strong and I found some of the gear changes a problem.
But then, just as now, there had to be a fight back to normality.

Bill was busy this afternoon scanning and photographing the next box of items which will be described for EBay over the next month.

I prepared some of the things which have been listed a couple of times and failed to sell ready to take to the shop. I also sorted some more stuff out to take tomorrow. I have promised Bill that I will not start a grand re-arrangement of my area - though I am sure I shall think it needs it.

We shall be at the shop for the afternoon only.

In the morning we will be at the hospital for an appointment with Mr Swinn - or one of the urology team. This the normal 3 month check up. I expect the levels of chemicals in my blood will be mentioned of course.

We plan to go and have some breakfast after the appointment.
Unfortunately eating out gets increasingly difficult since I have chosen to avoid bread as well as everything else.
A cooked breakfast is all very well - but with no toast, no tomatoes, no mushrooms, no beans it becomes a bit basic. Maybe the Portugese lady in the cafe we went to last time will do me egg, bacon and sausage. Or maybe we will go to Morrison's.

Once again we have enjoyed the sunshine through the windows. The wind keeps it quite chilly outdoors.
The sunny days certainly help us to realise that the days are getting longer - Spring is on its way.