Sunday, February 03, 2008

 

03 Feb A day of rest - for some.

Sunday - a day of rest, so they say.

But for us it has been a day of work.
I wouldn't normally choose to have EBay items finishing on a Sunday, but when half price listing days occur on a Thursday then Sunday is the day the bidding ceases - we could of course elect to leave the listings for just 7 days, but I like them to be there for 2 weekends.
So this morning we were busy wrapping all the things with bids.
This afternoon Bill went off to the shop and I dealt with the invoices and payments.

We could have devoted even more time to this hobby/business; but when the alarm went off at half past six I confessed that I didn't really want to drag myself out into the cold wind to go to a boot sale that might or might not be worth while.
I also had in mind that I didn't want Bill exerting himself out in the cold. Last night his blood pressure reading was horrendously high again - 177 over 103.

We have rested this evening - we watched the ice skating and Lark Rise to Candleford

Rain has threatened but by quite late evening we have still seen none.

Right - time for a cup of tea and maybe I will deal with 2 more payments before I go to bed.

Goodnight from Grandma P.