Friday, February 08, 2008

 

08 February. Sunshine, flowers and lake at Tilgate.

The weather has been really good today - sunshine, blue skies and for a change the chilly wind had dropped and it felt almost warm.

So, this afternoon we went for a walk at Tilgate to capture some images of signs of Spring - flowers, trees, the lake and the brilliant sky.

It was hard work - the terrain at Tilgate is a bit undulating and the car is parked a little distance from the lake. We no longer use the official car park since charges were introduced.

Here are a selection of our pictures - 4 from each of us.
I doubt that you would be able to tell who had taken which picture - except that I feature in the last one. Silly Grandpa didn't wait for me to put the camera down, and I didn't know exactly what he was doing because he was standing in direct line with the lowering sun.







































































I reduced the size of the pictures quite a lot to enable me to use eight.
But still they will enlarge quite well with a right click of the mouse.
This morning I heard a bit on the radio about favourite one liners from films. It seems that "Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn." was the most popular. Mine comes from the same film - "Tomorrow is another day",
I think after another cold and frosty start we will be able to enjoy another bright clear day.