Tuesday, February 19, 2008

 

19th February. Rocking Horse changes.

On the way home from the shop we have the radio on in the car and amongst the music are some curious little touches.

One is the opportunity for a child to come on and tell the nation what he/she has done for the first time that day. Today a boy, aged 10, proudly told us that he had put his contact lenses in for the first time.

There is a strong possibility that I have done something for the last time today.
I decided to re-arrange my area in Rocking Horse.
It was hard work of course.

And an early sale left be wondering about my plans. I had intended to use the blue enamel pitcher, bought at Lewes on Sunday, to be the centre feature of the kitchen section.

It didn't make it to the shelf. A customer picked it up from the box and took it to the counter.

It took me most of the morning, but as usual I am pleased with the result.

With just 13 more Tuesdays it may be the last time I create a completely new display.
Of course with sales there is a constant need to move things around a bit.


I can see all the changes - though maybe you can only really see a happy me.







I have a shelf of Royal memorabilia.
In this small selection you can see items dating from 1897 to 2002 - Queen Victoria's Diamond Jubilee and The Queen's Golden Jubilee.








Here is just a general view.
The 1950's stock now has greater prominence once again.
I shall miss hunting for and displaying all these items.







I also love all the black bowler hats - and a topper that Jo bought at Dorking on Sunday. She has the area next to mine at the moment.

It has been a good day with just about enough customers and a fair few of the shop dealers in for a chat.
Jo came in to start a new window display.

Another pleasure on the journey home was the wonderful sunset.