Monday, February 25, 2008

 

25 February. The pages of life.

The day has slipped away and the thoughts of a slightly whimsical blog stay in my head for another day.
It has been a routine Monday - and I have rather struggled through it.
We had to get some cat food and bread, so called into Asda - bought a bit more than was on the shopping list of course. There will be a good lamb casserole at some point - with half price meat that today reached its sell by date.
But today there were the sausages from Tunbridge Wells to be enjoyed - and we certainly did.
There has been the routine wrapping , invoicing, payments and postings for EBay.
Bill continues to make a good return from the box of model cars that he bought when I was in hospital.
During my work I paused to chat with Dave Olliffe who was so glad to see me on my feet - not sure what he expected. After all it is almost 4 months now since the surgery.
I know that Mr Swinn told me that I wouldn't feel fully fit for 6 months - and the potassium crisis may have slowed up my progress; I do wish though that I could feel stronger and have the confidence that each day could be filled with activity.
Never mind - take each day as it comes and accept that life is a succession of chapters with differing themes.
As each page of the book of life is turned we have to adjust to whatever influences our way of living and being. At the moment the story for me is to be patient and calm even when frustrations and pains come upon me.
Tomorrow may be busy at the shop with the dealers from the antiques fair hoping for bargains in Rocking Horse.
We locals have a wry smile about the fair - feeling sure that it will be affected by rain, and it looks as though we are right this time.
Goodnight.