Sunday, February 24, 2008

 

24 February One step back.

This has not been a good day, though I did try to be as normal as possible.

I spent much of the night feeling nauseous and not sleeping. This was worrying, but I elected not to tell Grandpa until we were well on our way to Dorking.
I felt quite rough in the car but was determined to make the best of it.
But either the stalls at Dorking were poor today or I just couldn't find the oomph to find anything. I didn't buy a single thing. Bill bought some glass slides telling fairy stories, but when he got them home he realised the condition was not very good and probably he wished he hadn't.
We drove home via Horley and stopped at the car boot sale there - and hooray! I bought 4 books. I also bought a nice blouse. And I am very pleased with a piece of cloth which can either protect the sofa from the cats' muddy paws or maybe can cover the table; this again protects the wood from George and Harry's claws who like to jump up and sit by me as I work. It is quite a leap for their old bones and their claws come out to gain their footing, making scratches on the table.
We also bought a duvet cover, sheet and pillow case in a delicate pink - guess who for? Yes, that's right - we assume that Ekatarina will be pleased with it when she comes to stay.
The cover and the bedding cost £1 each - good bargains I felt.
I also bought some Yorkshire chutney and quince jelly for 50p each - having checked ingredients I rejected the chutneys with tomatoes in.
Once home I crumpled rather and spent a while a sleep.
I am sure that it is not an increase in potassium levels that have caused me to feel rotten - just the long endured gut problems.
This afternoon I started another jigsaw. It would appear that all the pieces are there. But it is a hard one - grey coloured blast furnaces and grey coloured steam locos and a grey sky filled with smoke.
Food has been eaten - just a snack sort of meal this evening. I didn't think it worth cooking lovely nutmeggy sausages from Tunbridge Wells when my gut was feeling so rotten.
I use nutmeg quite a lot - often stirring a little in with some butter to enhance the flavours of vegetables.
The evening will be spent with Sunday evening TV and doing a bit more of the jigsaw.
Hope your weekend has felt interesting.