Sunday, March 02, 2008

 

02nd March Two chickens and a swan.

This evening I will be brief.
The alarm went at 6 o'clock this morning and we were on our way to Dorking shortly after quarter to seven.

I felt tired and seemed to have, like many people just now, vague symptoms of an impending cold.

But I wanted to be out. The drive was lovely with a sky now bright and light at that time in the morning. Some of the hedgerows have tints of green - the trees take much longer of course to come alive. Blossom decorates shrubs like confetti. We saw rabbits hopping along by hedges and The North Downs stood proudly over the Mole Valley.
The car boot stall holders seem to be waiting for the better weather (warmth) to be out in great numbers. And it does appear that on Mother's Day stall holders felt it inappropriate to be out selling when a Mother needed special attention.

This week I bought a few things at Dorking - 2 chickens and a swan.
People collect the chickens for display in the kitchen - or even maybe for their original purpose which was to store eggs.
I like the white glass one, which I bought for £1.
The one on the right proves me to be a little of a liar. I claim to buy only things I like or that interest me.
The design of this one is called Eternal Beau. Every item of china that you might ever need, plus other bits and pieces can be found with this design. In fact the lady selling had a lot of it very reasonably priced.
I don't dislike it, but it is not a china design I would use at home.
I thought about buying lots of her stuff, but I didn't want to get stuck with it later on. So I just bought the chicken for £5 - I am sure that will sell.
Indeed now I have looked on EBay I realise just how well much of it sells for.
The swan dates from 1911 and commemorates the coronation of King George V.
I also bought a few books.
We came home via Horley, where we bought almost nothing this week.
We were home by just gone 9 o'clock.
During the morning I wrapped books ready for EBay buyers. A set of children's books sold well this afternoon.
Bill was in the shop.
Well, it will soon be time for bed. I have more things selling tomorrow morning - these are all things that have been seen on EBay at least once before, so I am glad to see them go, for next to no money.
Hope you have had a good day.