Friday, February 29, 2008

 

29th February. Mixed feelings.

Good news or bad news?
I am of course very much pleased that today I have felt much more pain free.
I have been gluten free for 48 hours or more now and it seems to confirm (yet again) that gluten is almost impossible for me to digest.
Of course I had avoided the obvious culprits - like bread, but had allowed items with only very small amounts of gluten in their ingredients.
I really think I shall have to ask for a full test for coeliac disease - but that will be a painful affair. You have to have been eating amounts of wheat products for the test to be successful.
But it would lead to me being able to have certain gluten free products on prescription - and as an old person that of course means my bread would be free of charge.
There have been things about EBay that have made me feel cross today.
It looks like we will have to register with EBay as a business. Anybody who sells things that they have bought to sell on EBay for a profit must by law be a business. It is felt that buyers have a right to know what sort of person they are buying from.
I don't like it. Our name and address will appear on all listings.
And when we buy things at car boot sales we only buy what we like and what interests us and these things often sit around on the shelves at home for many weeks or months. By this time I think of these things as mine - not stock exactly.
And of course we do sell quite a lot of things that truly have been ours for many years. Lots of our collections are being dismantled.
But we cannot declare ourselves to be personal traders only.
But I guess the law is the law - and I do pride myself on honesty really.
I am not sure if the same can be said of one our winning bidders.
I have been a bit suspicious about him since he first made contact. He has bid for a number of the Corvette models that Bill has been selling. He surprised us yesterday by asking that the first model he had won should be posted that day, even though he had the highest bid on another which finished yesterday. It would have made sense to have them posted together.
Anyway his wish was our command. It was posted and arrived today and he has now told us that it arrived rather damaged. It was fine when it left us and the wrapping was superb - people have been commenting on Bill's wrapping skills when leaving feedback.
Our man is now asking for discount on the second model because of the damage.
Well, we can't of course suggest that he might be a liar. We have said that we would rather he returned the damaged model and that we would pay all his costs to do this. But have had to offer him post free delivery of the second one.
I wonder what he will come back with.
So, I feel a bit off Ebay today. Nevertheless I described 6 items this morning and got them listed.
This afternoon we went to Tescos - for gluten free gravy and lots of other bits.
Then we went over to the shop to collect some things I wanted.
The weather this afternoon was horrid. They do say that it will improve by tomorrow morning, though the wind will still be cold and strong.
Well, we expect winds in March...... March winds and April showers bring forth the May flowers.
We have talked of going to Ford, but may not go. We will go to see birthday boy Felix tomorrow and meet up with Matt and family too. Perhaps for me that will be enough for one day.
Have a good weekend.
Goodnight.