Saturday, December 15, 2007

 

15 December Christmas Party.

I can't quite believe what I have done today - and several hours later my body is still feeling the effects.
We have been to a Christmas party!
Each year just before Christmas, Joy and Peter invite everybody in the shop for a lunch. I wasn't sure if I was up to going or if I was mentally strong enough to deal with lots of people, but somehow thought it would be good for me to make an effort. I reasoned that sitting on a comfortable sofa in their house with a plate of food couldn't be much different than sitting and eating at home.
It was actually very different and after a couple of hours I felt like my body was completely running on empty and 6 hours later I still feel so weary.
But it was good to make a move to be in the real world. People thought I looked well - not sure what they were expecting really!
Lots of people talked with me - and with each other of course. At times I felt overwhelmed by the noise of conversations, laughter and activity.
The food was delicious - many thanks to Joy for that. I enjoyed salmon and prawns and salad bits and greedily had second helpings! Probably shouldn't have done that - my digestion is finding life hard enough without over eating.
We were home by quarter to three this afternoon and I collapsed into the reclining chair and dozed. Bill had recorded Later with Jools Holland last night, but I missed seeing and hearing most of the acts.
There have been more acts this evening - the final of X Factor. We will hear the result of the phone in votes in about half an hour. I can't believe that Rhydian won't win - he is amazing. Putting aside the thought that voting might be rigged anyway, it is hard to take on board the reasons why the great British public might vote the way they do.
But it was the right winner last year - and win or lose Rhydian is destined for great things.
I shall get to bed soon after. I did sleep a bit better last night. I woke more frequently, but managed to doze off again each time.
I had hoped to write some more personal EMails today - but it will have to wait until tomorrow at least.