Thursday, December 13, 2007

 

13 Dec Today's adventure.

I am so tired this evening.
This is hardly surprising because I have been on a shopping trip!
After 2 bad days I thought I should make a bit of an effort to feel I had achieved something. So, I asked Bill if it would help or hinder if I went to Asda with him. Of course I didn't really get and answer - "It's up to you" he replied.
But I felt it might help him.
So, after I had sorted out the errors that had crept into my medication requirements with Dr Armstrong - over the phone thankfully, we drove down to Asda and Bill fetched a wheel chair for me. There was no way I could have walked for an hour round the supermarket.
The chair, with a trolley attached is large and difficult to manouvre. No doubt busy housewives were not best pleased to have to move out of the way for us.
At the end of the trip we found it was also too large to get through a checkout! A young man in the queue watched our shopping and Bill hurriedly took me round the long way back to our check out.
But we have food and drink and goodies for the the next few days.
This afternoon we both fell asleep.
Isobel came round later with a big tin of Quality Street for us. Bless her - it was a very kindly gesture. And it was nice to have a chat before she goes off to Canada on Monday for a couple of weeks to be with her parents and her brother. Have a good trip Isobel.
I have caught up with most of the outstanding EMails. This afternoon I wrote an annual mail to people I am in touch with rarely - trying to report cheerful things too, but just letting them know about our present situation.
Tomorrow I had better start on some phone calls.
And one day I must look at our accounts book and get up to date with income and expenses in the shop for the last 6 weeks. And I must cross of all the sold items too. Maybe that will be for next week.
Hope the sun shines a bit more tomorrow. It got cold here today with a clingy dampness in the air.