Friday, December 07, 2007

 

7th December Gaviscon and things.

Tired again this evening - and I have heart burn. I took thick and gooey gaviscon after dinner.
I did have more sleep last night - going to bed at 8 o'clock. I woke a few times and at half past 4 I had to change a bag. I did it on my own because Bill was sleeping in the spare room and I hoped not to disturb him. I was not at all confident that I had done a good job, but it hasn't leaked during today - no doubt saving it up for the wee small hours. Now I know why those hours are referred to as wee small hours!
I wonder why it leaked when it did - it had been fine at half past three.
I aimed to stay awake so as to keep an eye on things, but I did nod off again and had one of my regular bad dreams. It is a dream in which I knew for sure that I could never succeed at school and college and desperately wished to escape my commitments. What a shame that I didn't have a clue when young about how to head off in directions of my own. I dutifully made half hearted attempts to fulfil the expectations of my parents who believed that education and qualifications were like some sort of magic key to contentment.
I suppose it was talking to Mike the other day about Maria Grey College that started me off.
The weather has been good - but I didn't walk outside very much. Bill was busy with housework and shopping.
When he was shopping I made a start on telephoning people that I cannot reach through EMail. Well, I rang 2 people, only to find one of them does have
an EMail address. I should explain to people what is happening in our life and that this year it is not just our principals that will halt the sending of Christmas cards. We just don't have the energy or will.
After lunch Bill went to the hospital for one of his regular blood tests. Then he went to see Den and Ru - the elderly neighbours in Ginhams Road who lived next door to Bill's family.
Den was going to have his bladder removed too this year but his internal organs meant that it could have been a fatal procedure. He has had some chemo which should keep the development of the cancer under some sort of control.
By the time Bill got back I had Rose with me - neighbour from just along the row. She is a dear. She didn't stay very long which was just as well because I really felt I would be better off without any visitors today.
I couldn't eat all the dinner Bill prepared tonight - preferring helpings of gaviscon and movicol.
I aim to go to bed at about half past nine.
I hope you have had a chance to browse through Jamie's family blog - lots of photos which tell the story of his life during the last month or so.
Have a good weekend readers!