Sunday, December 09, 2007

 

09 Dec Bags of trouble.

Bother, bother!
We were bag changing at 4 in the morning and then had to it once again at half past eight this evening.
All I was doing was watching TV when I suddenly realised that wee was gushing out all over my clothes.
We wish we knew what we do wrong. But of course arranging to see a stoma nurse is not much good if all she sees is a a bag doing its job (even if it is for such a short while). And we are always on our own when the leaks happen.
Apart from that a fairly uneventful day - too uneventful in the digestive department.
Bill was in the shop this afternoon.
I wrote a number of EMails. Tomorrow I shall have to check just who I have sent to, because I was feeling tired when Mam came on skype and I chatted for a while. This led to some confusion about who I have sent to. Guess what Mam was reporting a day of heavy rain - rather like here then.
I watched Gigi during the afternoon - and dozed a bit. Lovely music and costumes in Gigi.
Another of my college friends phoned today. I have to admit that despite the fact that I didn't want to train as a teacher and would have gladly escaped, those 3 years have left me with a very caring group of friends. We met 45 years ago - a group of 11 of us - and apart from poor Maureen who died young, the remaining "girls" (now old age pensioners) still keep in touch and support each other.
This evening we have watched a little of the Sports Review of the Year - the winner of the main personality of the year was a Welsh boxer, who seemed a very gentle and caring person; though I personally find no pleasure in boxing matches.
We have also seen some of the Royal Variety Command Performance. People who didn't see the shadow performance missed a treat.
Well, time for bed. Lets hope I don't have to deal with bags at any time tonight. We have to be in Ifield for my blood test at twenty past nine. I want to discuss effective laxatives with the nurse as well. It's getting urgent.
Sorry - my life seems to revolve round very basic human needs right now.
Hopefully I will have the energy to sort out the remaining EMails in the inbox and get to the point where I feel I can actually deal with EMails as they come in.