Tuesday, December 11, 2007

 

11th Dec A one step back sort of day.

It was the middle of the night when I awoke and glanced at the clock - half past three once again.
Thoughts rambled in my head - not too negative.
I drifted off to sleep again after 6 o'clock for a short while.
Then my gut seemed to remember that it had learned to be active, but maybe needed more practice.
It was a bad morning - like the old days with an extremely fragile gut and strong pancreatitis pains. I felt rough and did nothing, except go to the loo.
Bill went off to the shop for a long, difficult and busy day. A woman came in and began to pick up things that took her fancy - some presents and some for that challenging task of "dressing the table" for Christmas dinner.
Bill got it all written up and told her the total - £269.
She gulped and fretted and decided that she couldn't have all of it - reduced the amount to £168.
This left Bill with a pile of unsold goods which would have to be crossed off the sales sheet and their labels found so that things could be returned to the shelves.
He then had other bits of paper with other customers' purchases on which had to be recorded in the sales sheet.
It all seems a far world from my own world just now.
Jo came round for a while at lunchtime. I went for a walk along the row in front of our house. I just felt too weak for very much.
Bill picked up the laxatives this afternoon - shan't be needing those for a while now!
We have another job to sort out. The amounts of my various medications I have been given no longer tally with what I have been getting for years and some items have disappeared altogether. I hope it can be sorted over the phone.
I normally would be prescribed 2 months supply of the regular things and a 100 co-proxomol each time I put in an order. And then I also had the option to order other items that I needed on a less regular basis.
Yesterday I got 246 co proxomol (too many) but only 88 Creon - which is just 2 week's supply.
Yesterday I asked for some more domperidone (anti sickness) to carry me through this bad patch and I have 3 boxes today - far too much.
The surgery computer seems to have been misbehaving.
Jo reminded me yet again not to expect too much of life yet. Before I had the operation she told me of a friend who is in her husband's walking group. A walking group for people getting on in years and with various health problems. She told me that he found the urostomy bag quite an advantage for he could just go behind a tree, turn the tap and then be on his way.
Today she told me that it took him a year to go out walking with the group and many had wondered if would ever feel able to do it.
I felt a little stronger having Jo with me - but oh so tired. If I don't sleep at night then it is inevitable that I will doze in the day time.
I hesitate to tempt fate - but the bag put on last Sunday evening has not yet leaked. Tomorrow it will have to be changed anyway.
I still have a list of eMails I wish to write. Maybe some can be done tomorrow.
Thank you for listening (or reading the words) as I grumble on!