Wednesday, December 12, 2007

 

12 December Rather like yesterday.

Today has been rather like yesterday with a horrible morning and then things gradually were a bit more controlled.
But I didn't see half past three in the morning!
I woke at quarter to three and then must have drifted off to sleep again. I woke before 6 o'clock but once again dozed for quite a while.
The gut got active early and the pain, maybe of the pancreatitis, racked my body all around my trunk. Such back ache with it! It makes me walk like a bent old woman.
Nevertheless I did have a shower and a hair wash - I regret this is not a daily occurrence just now. I still feel I need some support from Bill.
Then it was bag changing time - the last one had been on for 2 and a half days - a success story.
I keep my fingers crossed for today's efforts.
Bill had a busy morning - helping me, whizzing round with the vacuum cleaner, changing covers on the sofa (to protect from cats' hairs). Then he walked to Southgate shops to put some money in the bank. We have not been doing that well in the shop but the money does accumulate and it might as well be gathering some interest until we need it. He also had his hair cut.
I didn't feel like much lunch but I dosed myself with co proxomol and like yesterday I felt more comfortable in the afternoon.
Jenny came round later - after having been to Sainsbury's for her shopping. She got a few baking potatoes for us. Thank you Jenny.
She remembered that she had once talked of showing us more about the art of texting, including predictive text.
Well, I sent a few messages to Bill and to Jenny and then sent one to Roger and Sue - wonder if it arrived!
That just about completes the list of people I could be texting. We don't belong to a group of friends who regularly use mobile phones to call or text. Very rarely is there anything I need to say that is so very urgent.
We can phone people on the land line phone for nothing - well the charges are included in the monthly charge we pay to Tiscali - so it is cheaper to phone people from home.
Bill even had a long chat with his cousin in Australia at no extra charge. I must look sometime and check which countries can be reached in this way. I know it doesn't include Thailand, but then we have skype for that.
Bill phoned a number of friends and relations on his list of people to contact during the afternoon.
But even if I shall use it rarely, the texting lesson was useful to me and absorbed me. I forgot to feel the pain for a while.
I enjoyed some tuna with the jacket potato for dinner.
I should have taken more pain killers an hour ago -must go and do that in order to get comfortable again by bed time.
I have not managed to work on the list of people to EMail again today. I have to look back on days and count quite small things as achievements and then hope that tomorrow will be better.
OK - time for tablets and more drink.