Monday, December 10, 2012

 

Not so busy, then very busy.

The day in the shop was not very busy.
But I had plenty to do. I took a box of old stock with me, that had been in the garage for some months. It was full of things not written in my stock book or priced. I assumed I would have to take most of it back home.....but somehow I fitted it all onto the shelves.
The big sale of the day was not mine...it was a watch.
This apparently was a hard to find watch for the collectors.....contained a tuning fork!
I really don't know why.
But the buyer was delighted to find it for £260.

This evening has been frantically busy - though I haven't left my chair at the computer.
There has been a frenzy of posting pictures, information and memories on the memories of Crawley  group site.
Mostly people have been concentrating on Ifield and Horsham Road this evening.
I love the fact that I can contribute as well as gather together other people's pictures and knowledge.










This was part of our walk round old West Green last week.
The Swan pub is just along the Horsham Road. But apparently it wasn't always called The Swan. It was The Bricklayers Arms when it was built in the 1850s.
It pre-dates St Peter's church by 40 years.
The view had hardly changed when I first knew it in the 1950s.
Sincs then the houses on the left hand side of the road have gone......and just last week, as you may remeber the house next to The Swan was demolished.
Other details have gone too - like the old sign post.

Well, time to catch up with today's world - 10 o'clock news time and cup of tea time.