Saturday, December 08, 2012

 

Bother and busy.

One minute your body is behaving as you would expect it to; and the next, suddenly, it doesn't really want to behave at all.
I had done virtually nothing at the shop this morning, when suddenly I seized up, couldn't stand up or bend down and pain set it.
I guess I have sciatica. I don't know what has disturbed the sciatic nerve.
For most of the day I have sat at the desk and dealt with payments and wrapping. But somehow one soldiers on with other things too - up and down to open cabinets.
Yes, we were quite busy today.

But I get the general feeling, year after year, that our sort of shop doesn't benefit much from the Christmas surge to buy.
For so may people getting the present buying done is quite stressful.......better not risk it by finding an interesting or lovely object in our shop. Interest and beauty is very subjective....."They might not like it......they might think I am silly". So off they go to somewhere like Smiths, Boots or Marks and Spencers to buy a heavily advertised book or perfume or an item of clothing that can be exchanged easily if it isn't right.
Thank goodness not every body thinks like that!
Certainly some things sold today will be wrapped and then unwrapped on Christmas Day. People have made some wise choices - in my opinion.

Feeling just a bit jealous today.


Little Giacomo, otherwise known as Jack, has taken up residence with the family in Thailand.
He is everything a kitten should be.
And yes, I do still feel the lack of a cat in our house.